Russia. Crimea. HistoryПитерRussia and Crimea. Crimea and Russia. They are one and the same - single mutual history, laced with geopolitics. Remember the unparalled heroism of the two defenses of Sevastopol. Remember Marshals Suvorov and Kutuzov, Admirals Nakhimov, Kornilov, and Istomin. Remember Catherine the Great's political foresight and Nikita Khrushchev's extravagance on the verge of treason.
Each time after uniting with Crimea, Russia was also becoming the superpower. Each loss of Crimea resulted in the loss of this status. In 2014, our country has become superpower once again, thanks to the fortitude and courage on the part of the Crimeans and a strong political will on that of the Russian President.
All these issues are the subject of this new book by Nikolay Starikov (the author of the bestselling Geopolitics. How it is done and Nationalizing the Ruble: The Way to Russia's Freedom) and Dmitry Belyaev (the author of "Mess in Brains": Information War on Russia). The book strives to answer the most poignant questions of today:
- How did Crimea find its way back home in 2014?
- Who orchestrated the Kiev coup? Why was it done?
- What was the story of the loss of Crimea in 1991?
- Why did Khrushchev cede Crimea to Ukraine and all but cede the Kuril Islands to Japan?
- What was happening in Crimea during the Great Patriotic War of 1941 - 1945?
- What horrors did Crimea endure during the Civil War?
Crimea and Russia. Russia and Crimea. One land, one country, one history. Now and forevermore.
Цена: 668 рубRUB
Russia. Crimea. HistoryСтариков Николай Викторович,Беляев ДмитрийRussia and Crimea. Crimea and Russia. They are one and the same - single mutual history, laced with geopolitics. Remember the unparalled heroism of th