English pronunciation - from aardvark to zymotic and Adobe to Zuma!
The 18th edition of Daniel Jones's classic work is the definitive guide to contemporary English pronunciation.
The 18th edition features:
- over 230,000 pronunciations of words, names and phrases;
- new words and names of people and places in the news;
- The World of English Pronunciation - lively essays on aspects of pronunciation by leading experts in the field;
- Glossary of terms used in phonetics and phonology;
- notes on the relationship between spellings and sounds.